Before I even knew what it was cinematography drew me to film, I was always encapsulated by the visuals of the film, the way the lighting can create a distinct mood, the way framing can convey intense emotion, and the way colour can influence the audience. It has always astonished me, so when I started making films and realised what Cinematography was I couldn’t resist. This led me to start studying films at Norwich University of The Arts, where I specialised in Cinematography for three years. This was pivotal in developing my craft and I am graduating with films spanning through genres such as Period to Social Realist / Western hybrid.
Canon Cinema Cameras
Sony Alpha Cameras (Specifically a6300, A7sii and A7Rii)
Canon DSLR Cameras
Adobe Suite inc. Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects
Final Cut Pro
HTML and CSS
Sheriff, Short, Director of Photography and Colourist – May 2019
- Developed craft while shooting in small spaces in low-light, as well as grading shots night to day.
Till Death Do us a Party, Short, Director of Photography and Colourist – May 2019
- Worked around natural light and adapted to changing lighting in camera, as well as post.
POSE, Short, Director of Photography and Colourist – May 2019
- Developed skills in continuity whilst shooting in a single controlled location over the course of multiple days shooting.
Mdeay, Short, Director of Photography and Colourist – May 2019
- Shot in Cambodia in a documentary like setting, utilising guerrilla filmmaking to tell an intense story
Untitled Documentary on the Norwich Drag Scene, Short, Director of Photography and Colourist – May 2019
- Shot with the new C200 in low light with no prep or lights.
Hazmat Romance, Online Content, Director of Photography - Mar 2018
- Experimented with online content aspect ratios and how to create an instagram feed efficiently and effectively.
Proclivity, Short, Director of Photography and Colourist – Feb 2018
- Shot with Sony Alpha cameras on gimbals, expanding the range of cameras I can use.
Pink and Quite Clean, Short, Director of Photography, Editor and Colourist - Dec 2017
- Shot in a documentary format for social media, first experimentation with social media content.
Cheetah, BFI Film Academy Short, Director and Editor - Dec 2015
- First time working in a fast paced film environment, the film was written, shot and edited in a week.
Norwich University of the Arts, Film and Moving Image, Prospective Graduation 2019
City Of Norwich School, 3 A Level’s including Maths and Media
City Of Norwich School, 5 GCSE’s A*-C, including A* in Maths
Royal Television Society EAST Awards, Filmed on behalf of NUA for the BBC, Roving Camera - Mar 2018
BFI Film Academy - Awarded with a Bronze Art Award - Dec 2015
Duke of Edinburgh - Awarded with a Bronze Award
BBC Voices - Volunteered for 3 months
Clarks, Sales Assistant - Worked for customer services for 4 months working in a team
Stadia, Bar Support - Worked cleaning and washing glasses, as well as handling deliveries and cash handling